Preserving the memories from your wedding day is essential, not only for posterity but also to remind you of the beautiful moments that might otherwise be forgotten. What better way to preserve those moments than to get a professional wedding photography and videography team to do it for you? That’s our goal with this article: to help you understand the importance of both wedding photography and videography for your wedding day.
So, let’s start with why you should hire wedding photography and videography professionals.
Why Hiring Wedding Photography And Videography Professionals Is A Must
Wedding days are stuffed full of memorable moments between loved ones, friends, and families. There are simply too many to count, and it can be difficult for inexperienced photographers or videographers to capture these moments, to even know where to start. It takes someone with experience to know where to be and what to look for. Without it, moments are lost forever.
But aside from knowing how to preserve these memories, wedding photography and videography offers the highest quality possible for preserving them. While it’s tempting to go with high-end phones or a friend of the family (and there’s certainly something you can do, no judgment from us), if you want crisp photos with great angles, you’ll want to get in touch with those who have the experience and equipment to give you what you’re looking for.
Now, let’s talk about what that looks like.
What You Get With Professional Wedding Photography And Videography
We completely understand when people see the prices for wedding photography and videography and start wondering if it’s worth it, especially since other parts of a wedding are likely going to cost too. So, we want to share with you what goes into that cost and what you’ll get for it.
#1 – The People Behind The Camera
First, let’s go over building a relationship. Wedding photography and videography aren’t just about the photos and videos you receive of your wedding. They’re also about the people taking those photos and videos.
Yes, there are plenty of people who do great work, but what takes something great and makes it exceptional is how well your wedding photographer and videographer know you and care about what you want. This is true of any wedding vendor you work with if you want to get right down to it.
Just like your job and the marriage you’re about to commit to, no one wants to be with people they don’t like, people who don’t accept or understand them. One of our highest priorities for our clients is to make sure they’re comfortable and happy with what we’re doing. After all, we want to get along with all of you too!
So, part of the process for wedding photography and videography is nurturing that bond. It’s about talking to our clients, getting to know them, asking questions, seeing what they want, and getting their input. We’re not there to take photos and videos and leave. No, we want what you get to be exactly what you’re looking for. That’s what any good wedding photographer and videographer would do.
#2- Their Experience
It’s also important for wedding photography and videography that the photographer and videographer put their experience to use. During the process of getting to know you and what you’re looking for, we provide our suggestions too.
For example, maybe you have an idea for a location, but you’re not sure how best to shoot there. We can and will talk to you about angles, lighting, timing, posing, and more. As another example, maybe you’re feeling a bit unsure about being in front of the camera. We understand that, which is why we take the time to get you ready, talk you through the process, and give you tips on what to do.
In the end, we have lots of experience, and we like putting it to use helping you get the highest quality wedding photography and videography possible. Plus, since we go to so many weddings, we can probably give you some tips on other parts of your wedding too.
#3 – Their Equipment
We touched on this earlier, but good wedding photography and videography need the right equipment. It also needs the right programs and experience with using those programs. After all, photos may need to be touched up later. Also, the videos will likely require editing for smooth viewing experiences.
Having the right equipment, programs, and experience makes all of this easier and higher quality too.
#4 – The Extras
When you get your wedding photos and videos back from us, you’ll notice some extra moments included. You know, that relative you might’ve missed getting out on the dance floor or a kid throwing some flowers into the wind.
It’s hard to see and remember all these things, especially when you’re busy trying to get married and look good in your own photos and videos! But we love going out of our way to find all these moments for you. We think of them as gifts you can enjoy later after everything is said and done.
A Quick Rundown Of The Pros Of Wedding Photography And Videography
To be clearer on why you need both wedding photography and videography, here is a list of the highlights you get by hiring people like us to photograph and record your wedding:
- You get the perfect story – Experienced photographers and videographers know how to tell the story of your day, giving you photos and videos that look back on that story and share it with others.
- They like to collaborate – Wedding photography and videography teams like to collaborate. They like taking your input into consideration. Plus, they also keep track of and respect the wedding planner’s schedule, helping things run smoothly and efficiently.
- They bring their own style – Each wedding photography and videography professional has their own style for their work. Feel free to ask them about it too because any good one will happily and expertly talk to you about it.
- They’re ready to capture the surprises – You never know what sort of surprises await at a wedding. Trust us. We’ve seen more than a few. Wedding photography and videography teams like us will be on the ready for these moments so they’re not lost.
- Memories are preserved at a high quality – Good wedding photography and videography doesn’t just sit somewhere in a closet. It’s shared between the married couple and, if they have any, their children and grandchildren. It’s even possible those shared memories inspire future generations to have similar weddings! Therefore, it requires the right touch to make it worth sharing, which is what we do.
- When they’re a team, it’s even better – Hiring a photography and videography team who work well together will ensure your day runs smoothly. Many photographers and videographers have not worked with each other before. Often, we find that photographers who only do photography aren’t sure when to allow a videographer to take the lead or get the shots they need to ensure that the videographers provide the best work for the couple. But we do, and it’s an added plus for your wedding day.
Wedding Photography And Videography Go Hand In Hand
Hiring professionals to take photos and make videos is the way to go. They are knowledgeable, experienced, and have the right equipment to ensure all your cherished memories are preserved in images and film. If you’d like to get in touch with us about doing so, let us know. We’d love to hear from you and start working on your special day.